Products are classified into three families: security sensors and alarms for displays; specialist sensors and detectors; and “through the mains” signalling and communication systems.
A unique range of reliable sensor and detector products that offer flexible and cost effective security and alarm solutions for managers responsible for the security of items in museums, art galleries, historic houses, heritage properties, shops and retail outlets, corporate offices, libraries, churches and exhibitions.
A specialist security product to detect physical attacks on ATMs, safes, and similar safe storage facilities. The product will be of interest to Security Managers of Banks and manufacturers, owners, and Operation Managers of safes and ATMs.
The Merlin Mains Signalling systems use the existing mains power wiring within a building or complex to create a signalling path for the communication of simple signals, such as alarms, slow data, and switching signals, without the need to install new wiring. They offer the benefits of both a wireless signalling system and a hard-wired communication path.
The Xtra-Sense Display Alarm product range is a unique and patented security system, developed specifically to help prevent theft, damage and shoplifting of valuable items on display. Ideally suited for use in applications such as museum alarm systems and retail security systems.
These security and alarm systems provide flexible, cost effective solutions for managers responsible for security in museums, art galleries, historic houses, heritage properties, shops and retail outlets, corporate offices, libraries, churches and exhibitions.
Products are available in four main types:
- Unobtrusive – no unsightly wires or chains are attached to the products being protected. Displays highlight the item not the security system.
- 24 Hour Protection – the Xtra-Sense systems can operate during public viewing times when many other security systems are switched off.
- Protection of multiple items on one surface or stand – multiple items can be placed on a display surface or stand fitted with the Xtra-Sense system, and each item is individually protected irrespective of the variety of item weights*.
- Proven reliability – Xtra-Sense does not employ moving parts with their inherent reliability problems. It is tamper proof, and designed to minimise the potential for false alarms. Maintenance is limited to changing the battery, or checking the power supply.
- Simple to operate and install by staff – no special skills are required to install or set up the system and can be a DIY security solution. Once powered up, the system is self-adjusting. It is equally simple to dismantle and re-assemble in a new configuration.
- Clear audible signal alarm – soft or loud alarm options are available for stand-alone systems to attract the attention of staff when an item is removed from its display position.
- Options available – Xtra-Sense can be used to trigger larger security networks such as, CCTV cameras, voice message, pagers, or in-store lighting, as part of an integrated alarm system. These links can be made both via hard-wiring, and through commonly available wireless transmission systems
* subject to maximum loading and minimum sensitivity specifications